Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Birth Pangs

I want to make a post but I dont have ample time on it so I will leave you just with a thought.

As fresh one sided violence starts again at the world's most controversial region, the only so called superpower that is now existent indirectly re-emphasizes its weakness towards one side of the picture by deeming these acts which include bombing schools and universities as a "new order" and 'the birth pangs of a new ...............' where the dash is the name of the region. They oppose a cease fire and indirectly do not oppose the violence on probably the grounds that a country has their right to protect themselves and counter terrorism by whichever means they feel is correct.

Really .. if that is so.. let us bring out our satellite photos that we have of the terrorist camps that we know are there nearabout us and convince the world that a counter offensive is necessary. But no... that wont happen. Why? Because as I said, the very idea to carry out something like that requre a conviction, a necessity to justify such an act to others which not only involves politics and diplomacy but in some small sense also involves humanitariasm.

The Tibetan New Year is approaching. So Happy New Year once again. Dont worry. The New Year may not fulfil all your desires of being happy and successful but every new year will more than fulfil your desires of the world not being a better place to live (co-exist) any more.

No comments: