It has always been the case that I have written something or the other on the night of Mahashtami every year. It did not matter what because in the end it was ultimately filled with the sadness that most of us feel when the big 4 day long festival is over.
Today, it has been two years I have heard a proper dhaak, let alone play one. I think I saw kaash phool last year when I went to Niagara Falls. I have heard Mahalaya over the internet and have even given Pushpanjali last week , as is the custom here to celebrate Durga Puja on weekends, and yet I feel the same tinge. Last few days I have been tremendously busy. No time to do anything but analyse spectra. I had the offer of going and enjoying puja with my brother and sister in law and that did not happen because I had to meet my advisor today and yet the tinge lingers on... so far away......
To those who have enjoyed this year's Puja in Calcutta or atleast in India ... I envy you.
To those like me...... Dont worry friends.Its part of the trade off! :(
I miss CALCUTTA..
1 comment:
Hello bro, i visited your blog because i discovered we have something in common. Can we be friends, lets i forget your blog is fantastic. my name is Paul. my blog http://revpaulchuksudemba@blogspot.com
Post a Comment