Hey...
Although it seems that I had posted a few lines not a long time ago (only ten days) it just seems so far away. I mean really. 1st of July was so far away. In between that was the 4th of July weekend when I had my trip to Boston, the Boston fire works and I actually visited the campuses of MIT and Harvard and yet another 7 days has passed since and yet it feels so long a time ago !
4th of July, interestingly is also the day when I become an year old in US. I landed on US soil for the first time that very day. It is therefore quite befitting that on the same 4th of July I would walking on those same grounds where the sparks of US independence were first ignited. I still remember that line in our Class 9 History books, describing the Boston Tea Party, where they say "as the rest of the states heard about what happened in Boston, they knew the first shot of the American War of Independence had been fired"
I did write a few lines as a part of my Movement Series and I will put that up soon.
I wanted to write today because I wanted to remind myself that me and my blog and my readers exist and there is a world other than running HPLC samples, taking NMRs, growing bacteria and worms, synthesising compounds and analysing more NMRs of my undergraduate apprentice or feeling sad that something did not work out in the lab, staying hungry for most part of the day (like today and mind you the day here continues till 9 o clock in the evening!!!) etc etc and the other woe's of a graduate student's life..
And now that my blog and my readers know about this other world that also exist outside the smiles and the joys of life they would probably increase their patience limit a little more and wait for all those lovely stories that are on their way and has only been hit by a roadblock and are waiting for the curfew to be lifted so that they can arrive here on this blog.
Take care folks
1 comment:
Yaa..that was the first day last year when i was waiting for you on the Libe slope...wasnt it?
Post a Comment