Today is supposed to be a blue moon day.
Blue moon is a celestial term for the event of an extra full moon that occurs once in three/ 4 years because of all the small amounts of time that we neglect in calculating days of the months corresponding to the lunar cycle. It is now considered to be the term used for a second full moon in one month.
Today is the second full moon and thus a blue moon. It also turns out to be a lunar eclipse today.
In the event of all this and of course extreme boredom of the 31st night I present you with all the drafts of blogs that I had at one point started writing and never finished.
I didnt publish them because I thought they were not complete and I didnt get back to them because I did not feel spontaneous enough to go back to something that I had already written.
These are therefore those recording sessions that have never been heard before! :)
Thus the title.......
Written underneath every article is the date when I had written/started writing it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought I should give music a break. Its in no hurry. I have about 16 GBs of new music waiting in my ipod. So ya.. there is time. I would rather write about something that I probably should have written for a while.
My life. :)
Not that its going to be that interesting for any or all of you but I always have believed that each of our lives are interesting enough to make a movie in. And just in case any bored (actually really bored) screenplay writer came across this blog and shared the same excitement of reading blogs and understanding a person would probably like it (assumptions that he would share the excitement and would like it - are even lesser on the probability scales when compared to him/her finding this blog), he would probably make a real movie out of it. It may not be as dramatic, comic and all other "I see-s", but it would be good.
This blog would would only be talking about specific points in not so distant pasts
For example The time when I tried to get a Learner's Permit here in the US.
It all started when
------ 1st March 2008
This post is probably going to be long and different. Different because unlike my other posts which normally try to uphold a certain thought process and its flow with time, while I am typing, this post will actually be haphazard. It will also show different thought processes and their flow with time, except that they wouldnt be while I am typing. They wouldnt be in situ. Because I am in my lab.
And my sample is on the high vacuum and it needs to be attended to after some time!
------ 2nd March 2009
There are some people who know this fact about me. And there are others who dont and I do a very very good job of hiding it from them that I cry in hiding. More often than not there is a song playing in my ears through earphones and most of the times the song is the same, Comfortably Numb. No one but myself asked me this question that how come I have written about all the songs that I like and yet I have not written about Comfortably Numb.
Yes people know that I like Floyd and some of them know why. Others think its cool to hear Floyd and so dont ask anything. I have never heard anyone ask me why do I listen to Floyd. The question probably is redundant. Some think that its not ethical to ask someone else why does someone like something. And there are others who dont care. Yet there are some others who even though have no idea about the concept that one can like something so much that they compare it with their own lives and can either let go both together or none at all, still never deter to comment on the likings of others. This post is thus not about my tears, or Comfortably Numb, but about those who take it for granted that what they say has some meaning even if they have never really gone through the same gamut of emotions that leads to a feeling and serves an emotion as strong as this.
And yet this post might not be about anything at all. Because the emotion that leads me to start this post does not allow to think coherently. So after cursorily mentioning Comfortably Numb I would probably go to the only other song that I have recently placed as high as CN on my favorite song list. And its Tink by this band called Gandalf Murphy and the Slambovian Circus of Dreams. Quite a mouthful of a name and yet the song leaves this vaccuum inside of you, a reason that cant be surpassed by anyother for me liking the song.
Over the years there has been a quite a few adjectives associated with me and none of have really stuck to me. I have liked some, hated many and been indifferent to others because they have come from people who have never known me closely or even tried to do so. But this one way of describing me that came to my ears the other day some how hit me so hard that not Tink, not even Comfortably Numb or Coldplay could do anything about it. The comment apparently was made by a senior of mine here in Ithaca, who had no clue who I was, or who I am or who I will be, but rather was so frustrated by her own misfortunes in life that the only observations she based her judgement on was her eyes. And its my eyes she noticed. It is unfortunate that she doesnt read this blog. For if she did she would have a better idea. But then again, I take pride in the fact that over the years I have met people like that and never cared for them and would not care about her or her comment. What I would care about though is the people who are close to me or so called close to me be affected by a random statement such as that. And it is this behaviour of people that have always surprised me.
In college, especially in my final year, I had the misfortune or the rare opportunity to meet a couple of individuals who took it upon them, the sole responsibility to completely destroy or annihilate the character that I had. I was lucky to have a close circle of friends who helped me completely obliterate such attempts but I will not deny that this was not without blood loss.
Today I am not in touch with the bloody stains or the knives or the criminals. But I do see them here and there, get reminded of their existence in Delhi, in Ithaca, in Calcutta and the only habitual response that I have for them, is that I wonder.
------ 26 March 2009
1 comment:
What about the learner's permit? You did get one made, didn't you?
P.S. Enjoying Cal? Savour lots more 'machh' than you possibly could (enough for a year's worth, if anything akin to that is even remotely possible!)
Post a Comment