Its interesting that sometimes when you have the most fantastic ideas and topics in your mind that you would like to write about you will never get the time to do so. And every time you would travel in a bus and see someone sitting on a chair at the streetside coffee shop on a sunny winter afternoon, sipping coffee and reading a book and probably even jotting down a few pieces of her mind you would feel so jealous that you would just want to run out of the bus and ask her rather rudel if she really didnt have any work in the world.
And then when the same you would sit in a transit airport terminal , probably one of the busiest ones, right at the center of the duty free mall and stare blankly at your watch and realise that you have at least a third of a day to spare with yourself and these numerous unknown faces that will walk past through out the day, you suddenly realise there are no real special thoughts coming to your mind. Once again you are jealous. This time at those people walking past. This time you are jealous at them having a purpose and you having none. This time you want to go ask them what are they so excited about. Its only a number of shops !!
Maybe you wont. Neither would I. But still, here I am. Sitting at a rather unknown coffee shop - Segafredo zanetti, typing away to glory towards some unknown nothing ness that is supposed to engulf me for the next few hours.
To tell you the truth I am not very excited at the prospects of spending so much time at probably the worlds biggest or at least one of the biggest duty free airport mall. There are a number of reasons for that. The biggest two being that I am on my way back to Cornell from home and that this is my 5th visit to this airport and really by now I know enough to draw you a map of the chocolate store aisle by aisle. I wont though. Not this time. Maybe another time when I am more bored.
Nevertheless, since my coffee is almost over and my brownie is more than finished I would say one last thing before I sign off this post with of course the promise that I am definitely going to come back later.
I am sitting at a rather interesting table. It actually faces an escalator that comes from the lower level to my level right in front of my table. I do not know how many of you feel a little curious when you see a tourist in your own locality - I know I did - but right now to see about a hundred faces every 15 minutes suddenly appear and slowly come upwards, with different expressions, moods, complexions is really a sight very few of you would have experienced or acknowledged and therefore enjoyed.
No. I dont feel special because of that.
Its just interesting.
-- Dubai Airport, December 2010, 6:10 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment