Friday, December 31, 2010

Time Zones

Well time zones are always a problem when you are travelling and you reach from point a to point b in a room with a lot of people (who are always waiting outside the bathroom) and where there is a constant choice of 280 movies at your fingertips... and yet when you reach home you are a day early or at the same day even after 12 hrs..

But time zones are really a problem on significant days..such as your birthday..or your parents' birthday or like today... the new year. I mean let us even not go into the fact about how big every body has made the event look like. I mean really.. not spoiling all your fun dawgs but really is it so different the morning today and the morning tomorrow other than the !$#%!#!#% hangover ? I mean is it really a celebration of the completion of a year or just another party night or really a desperate attempt to make the year count by some last minute craziness that would do away all the average life style prints that reeks in every part of our life ? Strong words ? I am sorry. I am not caustic about it. I just get weirded about the fact that everybody keeps asking.. "Vaat aRR EEOOR PLAANS MAAAAN" ?

Anyways in all this what gets more irritating is the time zone difference. I mean its 3 o clock on 31st december right now... and I have already wished my parents and my lady a happy new year... and then its not over yet. My parents cant wish me till another 9 hours and then they wait for another 3 hrs along with me to wish my elder brother and finally at 3 am on january 1st my time and 3 o clock in the afternoon India time the new year really begins for my family.. no wait.. did it began an hour and a half ago when it was new years in india ? I dont know.. as i said.. time zones are always a problem..

Anyways, Happy new year guys.... all of you.. wherever you are... Starting from new zealand to samoa..... take care guys.. and hopefully i will be more regular next year ?? :)

No comments: