I want to close my eyes and keep typing.
I want this screen to be more colourful. I want the matrix to come true. I want to suddenly realise I am somebody who I am not really . I want to suddenly open a door in my life and enter a room that is white with only me in there and the room lit brightly white. The immediate thought is then to fill with some other people I want to fill my life with, in that room. And suddenly the room is too crowded. The people themselves do not have a problem with each other. yet the room is too small. and so i want to slowly make more rooms . with different colours this time. and everyone in these different rooms are happy.
All you really need is a good pair of headphones. Okay maybe two. of different kinds. What I have is a noise cancelling one, Sennheiser. Not very expensive but it does give a different experience. And what I have is a gift from a friend of mine. A pair of Sony Studio Monitor Around ear headphones.
And then you can really compare and know that one of your two headphones maybe bad but both are not bad. and in that case the song is really that good or that bad.
And all you need is an almost an infinitely long electronica play list. Mine right now goes on for 2.8 days. 579 songs. about 6 gb. And maybe if you have a longer list and if by now my number of posts has gone up to a length that you being an amazingly avid reader is reading my blogs day in day out and having breakfast lunch and dinner while doing so and maybe even taking the laptop aroudn the room and still my blog never ends and u have really long list of electronica.. then hey there.. i was waiting for you. this blog you was waiting for you.. right here. in a corner of this rather unnoticed blog. and hello. for finding me. and hope to meet you in the future. and keep listening. and keep reading.
Coming back from that really exhilarating experience, the artist currently running is Paul Oakenfold. To my surprise actualyl I have only one album of him. Bunkka. Its amazingly awesome and maybe I will give you my experiences with it in a little while or at some other time but I realised my play list really has a bunch and bunches of compilations. And not really a discography of any one artist. Okay. maybe Massive Attack. But that is trip hop. not oakenfold rpm stuff.
Maybe this is what it will be. A guide to electronic music in my playlist. Or maybe the next one. Because I feel that I will be going to lab in a while so maybe I will write it when I come back. But wait. That may not be a good idea to the flow. would it ??
Maybe I just write it till a point where I suddenly feel like stopping and then Ill take care of my lab work and then come back and write the rest.
Let me start with giving an introduction to introduction.
I have been thinking of writing this blog for a long time. I really didnt think it would come out as this one. After all its the first one this year. and I wanted to cover my new year resolutions. a few opinions of some 'thought experiments' and a 'southwest wall'. But also an idea that came up from a conversation with a friend about the essence of music. Let me tell u about the conversation first. ( This is why i said it woudl be an introduction of an introduction) . This friend of mine and I share quite conflicting views over music and bands and artists. I as a listener of really a very wide variety of music dont ever condemn a form of music. I do however sometimes judge a person by their play list.. only if they are regular. I can assure you that I can tell a lot about you from the way ur music is arranged and the way u listen to them or feel about them or talk about them. I can. I wont judge you because you dont know a lot of bands. I wont judge you if you did not hear Indian Classical or Metalcore. I wont judge you for anything. But I will make a mental note of whether u are serious listener of any type. and what that type is. and what that means etc etc. If you are not a serious listener that again does not mean I judge you because u dont listen to enough music , even of the genre you like. It doesnt come to me. The same way it doesnt come to me to condemn an artist and question his musical sense. However my friend does. Once again it is his opinion. And to each his own. And he himself is quite a good singer. Can play some instruments himself and does listen to a lot of music.
Anyways our conversation led from artists we like/dislike and he hates and how music is really the music and it does not really matter about the lyrics and how i kind of dont completely agree with all that. and how i would write a blog about what i really perceive a song or a piece or a mp3 file to be. in its truest sense. AND MAYBE THIS IS THAT BLOG. But nonetheless, this conversation led me to come up with an idea to let you know how I am being more methodical in listening to different forms of music and yet not making it a job and therefore losing its fun. And therefore how I would tell you in each blog from now on ten songs that you should listen along with one another. This is also for those readers who are not attuned to listening to a specific kind of music. What I dream of doing is compiling a list of ten or 15 songs from a specific category or maybe even mixed categories and slowly give you the picture of what that genre is. Because I strongly believe we sometimes make our opinion about specific genres not based on really our listening experience but also the availability of the songs. Of starting of in a wrong note. Its the same way you see a person. There are certain intuitions that you have first up. which later forms an opinion. and sometimes certain information or some conversation about a person as a first glance gives you a preformed opinion and then you fall in the trap of being biased. It is this biasness that I want to attempt in breaking. And maybe I would be successful. This is not about my music. There is no such thing as that. Of Course. !! :) And if you have the patience and then open ness you will understand what I am trying to achieve and maybe even enlighten me about a new band.
The more I write about music in this blog of mine, the more I see myself as branded as the guy who drones about vague music appreciation ALL THE @#%$!^ing TIME..... So maybe this is the time I should stop. . .. I will wait for Paul oakenfold's album to finish, then get up, grab my David Gilmour CD, that my dear brother bought a long time ago (and I am still so excited that he likes him...:) ) and then go to lab, while listening to it in the car. Dont worry and Dont go Away. The real blog has not started yet. ............ !! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment