This post is dedicated to Suvendu Sen, a friend of mine, for no other reason but the love we both share for Coldplay.
If you readers can, then read this post, while listening to the song White Shadows, by coldplay. I am pretty sure either esnips or youtube would have the song.Better still the entire album that has that song but starting from White Shadows................................
Starting now.
I thought about writing this as I was walking back from school and a friend's place, after spending about two hours on problems of Organic Chemistry. It is and was about -10 degrees celsius and even though I was cold, somehow the cold did nothing to stop me from smiling. Rather it helped. I had a smile on my face, which only a fellow blogger and one of the most important person in my life who shares my initials would understand. It was a childish smirk. A smirk that resulted from suddenly coming into contact with two of my old passions after a long time. Coldplay's album X & Y and Organic Chemistry Problems.
I may sound like a nerd. I may sound too dreamy eyed. I may sound anything but I cannot ignore the smile on my face. It was that of excitement. That of rejuvination. Even at 3 o' clock in the night and it made me feel good.
The song has this feel to it. Right when you can only listen to the atmospheric tone played in the synthesiser after a very fast drum/bass beat. The atmosphere creates a mood and somehow my grin increases.
The song ends only to give away to the next song which is even more closer to me.
I had actually given up listening to this album because I had actually kept my original copy of the album in a place which did no justice to the beauty of it. It was almost as if I had kept it in a dust bin. I didnt listen to it all this while because I was angry that I had wasted such a beautiful album to a place that never cared about it. And suddenly after all these days the songs came back to me. Through my ipod. And suddenly I realised I was foolish to think just because I didnt have the cassette any more the songs meant nothing to me.
Fix You's chord based solo starts ringing in my ears and my optimism rises to another level. I have a lot of stuff to do and yet somehow I know they will fall in place.
This blog is just about that sudden feeling of re-listening and old favorite song after a long long time. This blog is about how I am. This blog is about those numerous fleeting feelings that whizzes past by us and it only matters when suddenly, even accidentally sometimes, we raise our hands and just manage to catch one of them. Only to smile to ourself.
The indole problem is still almost unsolved. The 1,3 hydride shift somehow doesnt make sense even if there IS a nearby carbocation and yet I am somehow satisfied. The bicyclic compound has not even been touched. There is stuff to prepare about recitation tomorrow at 8am and yet Chris Martin's voice asks me "Tell me How does it feel", and answers himself "I feel like they are talking in a language that I dont speak and they are talking it to me"
Take care all of you
For those who understood what it feels to have a childish, sheepish smile on your face just because you found your long lost love, not a person, not a relationship but a book, or a practice or a song, congratulations. we are on the same page
For those who did not, wait for it, and when you do come back and read this post again.
1 comment:
exactly ..sometimes when i listen to old songs..i remember when i used to hear them...and suddenly..the past flashes before me...like where was i at that time..when i used to hear the song..so its quite wired ..when i hear these songs..
Post a Comment